家庭旅馆 国内机票版 海运专栏 房版
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
心态问题。大家在这里之前心态一定要放低。在这边高工,教授,研究生,博士,打labor的遍地都是。如果您的专业比较偏,如果您在国内做办公室工作,或者是个领导,到这边必须要快速调整自己的心态。打labor工不是丢人的事。我们一不偷,二不抢,卖艺不卖身。靠自己的劳动养家糊口,有什么可丢人的呢。心态问题是个大问题。对于对自己心态存在畏难情绪者可以试试在国内的大街上举个牌子,上书“力工”二字。如果能够做到这一点,来蒙城可矣

这段说的太好了,许多人苦就苦在心态上了。那些思想中还存在着劳动有贵贱的人千万不要移民,除非您肯定自己是位国际级人才,肯定自己能找到专业工作

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
支持楼主。

职业没有高低贵贱之分,在中国只存在于过去的教科书里,在加拿大则是现实。

劳动光荣!

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
老婆轻易地就找到了一个特别熬人的工作。
早晨七点半就出门了,有时晚上十点半才到家。
我跟她说早点回来,刚开始工作不要累坏了。
她说要是早回来老板不高兴。万一被炒了怎么办?

与我老婆相比,我就没有那么幸运了。
鉴于晚上的工作我特别喜欢,舍不得放弃,因此也就难于找到一个白天的兼职工作。

华人,最大的行业就是杂货店,衣厂和饭店。这三个行业的需求最大。
杂货店需要什么人,收银员,杂工和外卖工。
餐馆需要什么人,帮厨,厨师,服务员,外卖工和领班。
衣厂需要什么人,熨衣工,包装工及其他。

什么行业的人才最容易找到外企的工作呢?
根据众多国人移民的选择,最容易找到工作的就是,
会计,护士,放射线医师,牙医助理,
机械加工,CNC,修车,木匠,
电脑程序员。

虽然找不到工作,赋闲在家,但是我并不讨厌这个城市。

这个地方让人感觉不到身在异乡的感觉。
热情奔放的魁北瓜是这个城市最吸引人的地方。
不论何时何地。
你看到的,
都是
平和的表情。
悠闲的步伐。
发自内心的微笑。
热情的问候。

法语文化,是一门优秀的文化。
Fm里的法语电台。法语歌曲。汇成了这个城市有别于其他加拿大地区的特色。

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
闲极无聊,在家待业。
每日都要到网上看看是否有工作。
一天上午,网上终于有一工作。帮一人家修理房子干点活。
我马上电话过去。那边一人自称为JIAN. He said that the work was just to move some sand from a basement to the ground. Moreover, there was a pulley belt to help the work. Also, he said it’s his friend who needed someone to help. And his friend was a Jew.

I asked him where the house was. He said that place was inaccessible to the pubic transport. His friend, the Jew could bring me to the spot. I asked how many hours I should work. He said not sure yet. I told him that I could not work too late, because I had other things to do in the evening. He said OK. The Jew could send me earlier to the metro.

I thought the job could not be very hard. When I was in countryside, often we did a lot of labor work. When my apartment was being decorated, I did some labor work just to help the carpenter or bricklayer.

I also thought the sand was normally a bit wet. No much dust. The work could not be dirty.

But the fact came out, quite out of my imagination.

I met the Jew at a metro station. After getting into his car, I felt nausea. The smell in the car made my stomach uneasy. Anyway, I should not retreat in front of such an unpleasant smell.

On the way, the Jew received a call, from a university guy. So the Jew stopped the car at another metro station, waiting the university guy.

Half an hour later, the guy came, my fellow citizen, young, handsome.

The car restarted. We passed half an hour on the way. Then we arrived at the place.

Really, everything was out of imagination.

We started work. Never in my life had I seen such kind of sand, so dry, so dusty.

About three and a half hours later, it was my time to go. I said to the foreman.

...I want to go back to Montreal.
.No, you cannot.
...Why?
.Because no cars
...But the other man told me he could send me back to metro a little earlier.
.You ask him.
...Where is he now?
.He is not here, in Montreal.
...So what should I do now?
.You could stay here, work or not, until we finish the work, we go to Montreal together.
...No, it will be too late. I want to go back right now.
.No way.
...OK.

I knew I was cheated, by the damned Jew and JIAN.

I walked out of the house. I was seeking help.

To be continued...

All rights reserved.

最后编辑: 2007-04-21
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
回复: 拙作

谢谢邀请.

继上次的文稿已有3月有余
我很难想象作者从1月到现在发文这段时间还经历了些什么
或许是对于这次的作者经历
或许是对于在加拿大很多中国移民的处境
一种莫名说不上的感觉
只感觉很难受

最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%
Outside, there were not many people. It was a cold winter afternoon.

I walked along the pavement. I arrived at a wide road. Really, what JIAN said was right. There was no bus.

No way to go home. I felt a bit panic.

I returned, desperately.

I heard a car behind of me arrive. It stopped at a parking lot nearby. I trotted to catch the man getting out of the car.

Sir, can you help me?

For so many years, from the very beginning of my English class, I have learnt “Can I help you?”
But that day, the first, the most important phrase was not the one we learnt so much. It was its inverse.

-What is the matter?
--I want to go back to Montreal?
-How did you get here?
--A man drove me here.
--Where is the man?
--He is in Montreal, he could not send me back to Montreal.
-Follow me, someone will go back to Montreal in several minutes.

I followed the man into to a synagogue.
In the hall, the man asked a chef when he would go back to Montreal, the chef said at five o’clock.
So the chef could drive me back to Montreal.

Suddenly an idea occurred to me.
I called 911.

..Hello, 911, can I help you?
.I want to go home.
..Where are you now?
.I don’t know.
..Where are you from?
.Montreal.

A moment silence …

..You are in a Jewish community.
.I know.
..How did you get there?
.A man drove me here for work this afternoon, but now he could not drive me home.
..You should ask the man first. If he could not help you, call me back.
.Thank you.
..You are welcome.

I called the Jew.

.Hello, Mr. Maoshe.
..Hi.
.I wanted to go back to Montreal now.
. Could you wait for others to finish the work?
.No, I could not. I have told you that I would finish at 4 o’clock.
..But now I am in Montreal, I could not …..
.I do not care, if I could not leave this place right now. I will call the police.
..Ok, return to the house, someone will send you to metro immediately.
.Thank you.

I returned to the house.
The foreman asked my fellow citizen if he would like go back with me or work a little longer. My fellow citizen, he did not want work any more, said he wanted to go back too.

The foreman paid us.
Another guy drove us to Montreal.

On the way back, we talked a lot.

He was young, but an old immigrant.
I was old, but a new immigrant.
When he came here, after 911, the economy of the whole North America was in hell. No job, everywhere was unemployment. So many people went to university, no other better choice.
He was not lucky enough to enter the university, because the competition was fierce. He worked in Ontario, the worst job not today’s. He had ever worked in a rubbish classification centre. You could imagine what the rubbish means. What you can imagine could be seen on the transmission belt of rubbish. You must react fast, because the transmission belt moves fast. You pick out paper, glass, metal, etc within a limited time. He had even seen a graceful Chinese girl, just out the university, picking the rubbish. He was really reluctant to accept such a fact. At home, she could not do such a job, at least, she should work in an office as a while collar. But here, in order to move on, you have no choice.
Now he studies in university. After graduation, he will go back to china, and never come back again. This place is not good for him. He, in his spare time, works in a restaurant, very hard. He does every kind of job, very hard for the minimum salary. Just because he wants cash, check will affect his loan and bursary.
He said the Jew was not good. But fortunately, I can speak English. I can call police for help. He had ever worked in a Vietnamese farm, where he met many Chinese, they could speak neither English nor French, had to work hard, suffering the intimidation of the Vietnamese farm owner. When the Vietnamese farm owner intimidated him, he told the former to be polite. So many people here worked illegally, being payed cash. So the owner said nothing, no more. He knew this guy was tough.

To him, I wish him good luck, whatever he does, wherever he is.

All rights reserved.

最后编辑: 2007-04-29
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

好久好久没有写些什么了。实在是懒得很。

每天一般是睡到九十点钟,然后买菜,做饭,吃饭,看电视。两点钟出发上班。工作从三点开始,一直到晚上十一点半。工作不累,当然工资也不高。不过,这已经是一个不错的labor工了。

回想起当初找工作的艰辛,对蒙城工作的失望,特别想回国的念头。俱往矣。今天在蒙特利尔懒懒洋洋,每日睡到日上三竿,周末就去大公园去看海鸥戏水,看野鸭与落霞齐飞,看露天音乐节,有时甚至去渥太华,千岛湖,大瀑布。真是不思进取,乐不思蜀。

不知道为什么现在这么懒,这么能睡觉。

其实不睡觉又能干什么呢。我的同事有的去学校学点什么。我还不想学。我的空闲时间基本是看小说,看电视。大部分是法语的。我的法语还是不好。尽管每天我都要和我的同事说法语。但是我的法语还是不好。三十多岁的人了。学门新外语可真难呀。但是我想也许就是因为这个法语,我才能做现在这个工作。

自从上次的遭遇之后。我继续找工作。我去过卸集装箱的地方。数九寒天的大仓库里。几个中国人在卸集装箱。他们的脸上是冷漠,我的心情是落魄。当负责人问我是否有经验时,我说没有。同去的朋友对我说,怎么能说没经验呢?他说他有,他还有一个叉车证呢。我说我根本不想做这份工。出了门,我在那条街上又走了好远,去另一家公司找工,居然没有找到地址。

蒙特利尔什么都好,就是工作不好找。尤其是男人,在这里更难。据民间调查机构进行的民意测验表明,对蒙特利尔满意度的排名如下:孩童,女人,老人,狗狗,猫猫,其他宠物,男人。

毫不奇怪在蒙特利尔有如此之多的单亲家庭。女人领着孩子在这里生活,男人在国内。这非常容易理解。男人在这里,如果找不到专业工作,做lalor基本又苦又不赚钱。但是也有个别情况。比如有的身体好的,去农场拔葱,一天能拿到一百多元,现金,免税的。但是没有多少人有这么好的体格,大部分技术移民还是四体不勤,五谷不分,钓个鱼打个乒乓球还行,至于拔葱,摘草莓,这可是大大的超乎体力能力了。鉴于这种实际情况,加拿大政府也许该效法中国足协,对技术移民的主申请人进行体能测验。对最有钱图的三项LABOR工种进行体能测试:刷碗,拔葱和摘草莓。三项有两项过关就行。这样基本能保证来加之后的生活。

在找到现在做的这份工作之前。我还在一个犹太人的首饰小作坊里工作过。还是要说一下,如果可以选择,还是不要去给犹太人工作。

初次见面觉得小老板还是很NICE的。听到杰克说老板是犹太人之后我就觉得不NICE了。工作要求速度极快,老板training我的时候,基本是这样的:弯,吐,finish。用杰克的话说,弯,累弯了你的腰,吐,累得你吐血,finish,回家去吧。他training我的时候是几个零件,而我要做的可是成百上千个。我对工友们说,这不是要我们用跑百米的速度完成马拉松嘛。谁说不是呢,犹太人九十这个样子的。有一天到了下班时间,我放下手里的活计就要出门。小老板叫住我,问我要干什么,我说回家呀,这不是到了八小时了吗?他说我没叫你回家你怎么能回家呢?我说在哪里打工也不需要老板告诉我们回家呀?到时间要主动下班。小老板说,不行,必须要做完活才能走。我说我必须要走,要是要加班的话,得提前通知我。老板说他不能。我说我不能随时加班。因为我每天都有安排。在小老板那里加班。没有加班费。有的工友时薪十元,加班每小时只有八元现金。这里永远都没有百分之一百五的加班工资。而且还要你说加班就加班,加班从几十分钟到个把小时不定。小老板动辄训斥人。大家伙也都是忍气吞声。也有不能忍的。跟他吵了一顿走人了。但是留下来的都是能够忍辱负重的。因为语言不好,学习无门,工作更加难找。这里工作怎么也说是坐着干,不用站八小时。而其工资也还可以。所以就这么凑合吧。
我自从没给小老板面子后,基本每天下班就走。终于有一天小老板对我说,由于订单不足,不需要那么多人手,我从下周开始不用来了。
好的,丢了犹太人的工作,我一万个不后悔。

现在的生活可以说是基本稳定了。我准备给女儿办团聚过来。
我想我也没什么好写的了。也许以后不写了。
懒懒的活在蒙特利尔吧。
感谢网友们的支持,我才写完了这段动荡不安的生活。

最后编辑: 2007-07-03
最大赞力
当前赞力
100.00%

LZ,喜欢你写的文章,真实、贴切。从2年前的文笔中流露的意气奋发、踌躇满志,到今天几小时前封笔中的失意、无奈,无不是生活的真实在现。感谢你在这些日子里用你优美的文笔为各位描述了蒙城的真实生活。